Watercolour experiments

This month’s challenge has been to paint some quick watercolour experiments at home.  I wanted to paint in a freer, more expressive way, and also to use some of the kit I have already but rarely use.  I combined the watercolour with watercolour pencils, crayons, salt (for texture), and used different brushes.  I found it easier to do quick experiments at home rather than when I was in front of a location subject which seemed to need a more complex approach.  I ended up painting mostly from flowers I had bought – an advantage was that I have continually had fresh flowers in the house.  Next, I need to take some of this further in more developed pictures.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s